Click on the links below for more information about the scope of services we conduct on a daily basis.
Materials testing and inspection
Both in the laboratory and on site, we conduct a range of testing and inspection of construction materials to determine their suitability and performance, including:
- Soil, cement, concrete and asphalt. We test these materials on site and in the laboratory, in accordance with local, international and project specifications and standards.
- Steel sections and reinforcements.
- Non-destructive testing (NDT) of welds.
- Examining and qualifying welders.
- Structural investigation of defective and fire-damaged buildings.
- Coring of concrete to examine its in-situ concrete quality and to provide holes for service ducts.
Laboratory work – chemical analysis
We have a fully equipped state-of-the-art laboratory that evaluates materials according to international standards and specifications. Plus:
- Our sophisticated instrumentation techniques, including atomic absorption spectrophotometry and gas chromatography, help us execute conventional wet analysis and microscopic analytical methods.
- Our well-equipped water chemistry laboratory carries out testing to the highest international and W.H.O. (World Health Organization) standards. This lab facilitates a wide selection of tests, ranging from simple ph evaluation to the toxic elements.
- In the petrochemical field, we perform liquid, petroleum gas, natural gas, and condensates testing. We also offer analysis for all types of crude and refined oils.
- We also perform bacteriological and microbiological tests.
- A comprehensive calibration service permits periodic inspection of gauges, testing machines, weighbridges and other equipment.
- We measure calibration of force, linear, mass, pressure, electrical, torque and other mechanical measuring devices.
- Primary standards are traceable with N.P.L., N.A.M.A.S and other international standard organizations.
On site work – geotechnical site investigations
Using both lorry-mounted rotary drilling rigs and tripod type cable tool percussion rigs, we conduct:
- Boring and drilling operations – followed by physical and chemical testing of samples in the laboratory.
- Geotechnical reports including appraisals of ground conditions and advice on relevant engineering aspects. This includes foundation design, retaining walls, earthworks, slopes stability and other construction methods.
Rigging – offshore site investigations
From floating barges to jack-up type craft, our offshore site investigations cover everything from seismic geophysical evaluations to resistivity and pressure meters.
- Other services include drilling of soils and rocks for earthing rods, soakaways, anchorages and fence posts.
- We can also perform a complete provision of studies affiliated to problems with existing foundations on filled ground.
Water drilling services
We're able to drill water wells of varying depths (up to 300m) for production and recharge wells. We offer specifications and details provided by water resources directorate under their supervision and guidance.